Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No more excuses...

Up and down...up and down. That's what the scale does. In and out...in and out. That's what my waist does. Lately it's only been up and out. I've never been "skinny" and that's not what my goal is. I'm just tired of feeling uncomfortable in my skin, my clothes, my body. I am at the heaviest I have ever been and I hate it. I look in the mirror and I wonder how I got here. The bad thing is that I know what to do. I know what to eat, I know how to work out. I just choose not to. I had a few bouts of accomplishment but I was usually motivated by a short term goal (vacation, class reunion, wedding) but once the goal is reached I lose my motivation. Instead of making a short term goal...I need to realize that my long term goal is to be healthy so that I can enjoy life and the family that we are hoping to start soon. I know I will need a lot of support along the way and I know I have some amazing family and friends that will give it to me.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I know how you feel G. I do really good for a little bit and then I lose my motivation. Maybe one of these days I will make it back to the gym or at least work out at home. I know you can do it. I have faith in you!